Monday, April 29, 2013

Drinking and weight loss....

So, this weekend I had one of those days where I woke up and thought "oh lawd". I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. I knew I had overdone it the night before and I was feeling pretty miserable. The culprit- too many drinks. I must say I rarely ever let these moments happen anymore. At almost 30 years of age, I have learned my lesson- well I thought I had. Anyways, it was a horrible almost 2 days- yes, 2 days to recover from it all! It is so not worth it and I know this. It caused me to miss 2 days of workouts and I hate that!

Why does drinking and weight loss not mix for me?

- It is a bunch of empty calories!
- It causes me to retain water and the next day I am up at least a couple pounds, depending on how much I drink.
- I do not make good food choices when I drink. (salad vs pizza---- the pizza wins! lol)
- I am getting too old and my body doesn't like it.
- It does not make for great workouts, if I even get them in.
-The more clean I eat, the worse it gets...when you try to fill your body with good, healthy, wholesome choices and then through in a drink- it does not come out well at all (and it comes out, if you know what I mean). Trust me!
- It has kept me from my goals in the past and I am sick of it!


So, after nursing myself back to health, I am ready to refocus. Sometimes those little reminders can be good to help us remember where we want to be and what we have to do to get there. I am more determined now than ever and ready for a new day! This was just a setback and not a failure for me!

Happy Monday ladies!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment