Friday, April 5, 2013

The truth!

I have been doing the Advocare cleanse all week... I didn't get to update yesterday so here it is:

Thursday: Breakfast: No fiber drink! YAY! Oatmeal with raisins
AM Snack: Almonds
Lunch: Sweet potato with salsa and an orange
PM Snack: Apple with PB2
Dinner: Brown rice with leftover veggie soup, banana, Larabar

Friday:
Breakfast: Meal replacement shake (vanilla) and strawberries
AM Snack: Almonds
Lunch: Brown rice with Green Giant mixed vegetables, grapes, Larabar
PM Snack: Apple with PB2 --- I am so predictable and boring! lol
Dinner: TBD

Honestly, I have been trying to figure out all week how I am going to make it through the weekend without everything that I am not supposed to have on the cleanse (which is honestly A LOT of stuff) and you know what I probably won't... I am being honest... call me weak, tell me I am not motivational or inspiring, but the truth is I can make healthy choices most of the time, but we all need a break. I think we spend so much time trying to figure out the science of what to eat and when and what to take away and how many carbs to eat... it is honestly annoying!

The cleanse hasn't been bad for me. I really haven't felt any different. I usually eat pretty healthy/clean. I haven't had withdrawals from sugar or caffeine because I already don't eat/drink those things. I don't eat bread every meal every day, so that hasn't been a big deal. Have I gotten anything out of it? Yes! I know I need to eat more fruits and vegetables, I need to find healthier options to the things I love (Like PB2, which is fine by me). It hasn't been good or bad. I really do believe it is more for someone that needs to REALLY cleanse their body of the things that we can all get addicted to.

So, am I quitting? No! Will I probably eat some things I am not supposed to this weekend? Yes! Will I gorge myself and go crazy? No! I will probably finish out today pretty well and then take a break tomorrow and eat in MODERATION and then finish out the cleanse next week. I know, I am a big disappointment. BUT, throughout my Lent challenge if there is one thing I learned it is that we put too much emphasize on numbers. Life is short and we should live.... as healthy as possible of course!

Sorry if you think I suck and am weak because I can't weasel through 10 days... the truth is I don't want to miss out on life because I am always the one who "can't eat that, can't have that... won't touch that..." Why can't I, in moderation?

Have a great weekend ladies! :)


1 comment:

  1. I loved your post and appreciate your honesty! You're right... moderation is the key! We cannot stop living.

    ReplyDelete