Saturday, April 13, 2013

The good and the bad of weight loss and Advocare results!

Good morning ladies! I have no idea why I am up so early on a Saturday morning.... (maybe it has something to do with that bottle of wine I drank with my friend that put me to sleep at 10:00...lol) So I was thinking about ways that weight loss has affected my life and I decided to do a good and bad list of things that have changed. How could weight loss be bad? Here it is:

THE GOOD:
1. I feel amazing. I have so much more energy than I did before, all because of working out and eating healthy (most of the time).
2. I feel good in my clothes (almost everything- the bikini still kinda scares me, but I am working on it).
3. I have learned to feed my body to fuel it, not to reward myself or "treat" myself all the time. The body needs healthy food to stay healthy and function properly. I used to eat mindlessly and that doesn't happen anymore.
4. I have created a habit, a lifestyle change that I can help to spread to my family and friends and hopefully set a good example one day when I start my own family.
5. I get compliments now on how I look and dress. I think when I was fatter, I would hide behind clothes, never really wearing anything cute because I didn't want to be noticed. Now, I can wear my cute outfits and I feel damn good :)

THE BAD:

1. Losing that piece of clothing that you love! I have certain things in my closet that I absolutely LOVE! You know what I am talking about- that shirt you just couldn't live without, those pants that make you feel great. Well, when you lose weight sometimes those things gotta go- they don't fit anymore. I swear I could have a little funeral for a few things I have had to give away. I am not said to be getting smaller, just sad to see the clothes go, because most of the time I will never find that particular piece again in my new size :(
2. Not being able to eat mindlessly (wait- wasn't that one of my goods? yes, but I will explain). I can't eat without thinking about what I am putting in my body. In my head I try to figure out the best options for me. It really is a good thing, but when I am out and about with friends sometimes I wish I could do what they do--- eat that bread without cringing, enjoy food without a thought, just eat because you want it. I can't! I feel guilt or stress. Does this mean I don't EVER just EAT. Well, no... but it is very rare that I eat without thinking about it.
3. Losing friends. Yep, that is right. I have lost some friends on this journey. When my life started changing, some people went with it. I can't eat at that place all the time and stuff my face, I can't drink all the time, party late night every weekend and expect to be energized for my workout the next day. My habits have changed. Some people respect and support that and some don't.
4. Listening to the comments! UGH! This can be the worst. What is THAT you are eating? Why don't you want some? You dieting again? It is constant. I think some people still don't get it- it's a LIFESTYLE! HELLO!!
5. The money spent. Healthy living is more expensive than just living like the average Joe. Our food is more expensive plus all the expense for exercise videos, gym memberships, supplements, running shoes... etc. The list goes on.

Is it all worth it? HECK YES! I wouldn't change any of it for the world. The good far outweigh the bad. I am happier, healthier, and a better person because of how far I have come.

So, drum roll please!!!!! Here are my Advocare results:

I did the 10 day cleanse, starting the day after Easter. I did 5 days, took the weekend off, and finished up the last 5 days yesterday.

I lost 3 lbs! (Did I mention I had wine last night?)

Measurements:
Waist: -1/2"
Hips: -1/2"
Thighs: same
Arms: -1/2"

Only 1 1/2 inches down!
BUT, I wasn't perfect on the diet. I didn't eat clean every meal, every day. So, overall I am happy. I have been at a plateau for so LONG! My Lent challenge along with this cleanse has really helped me get back on track. Will I do the cleanse again? HECK YES! I am already planning on doing it in July when I get back from Mexico. I think I will def need it then :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, the eating comments!! I love how eating healthy is just SO WEIRD, to some people! I get so sick of hearing that I must be on a diet, since I have lost weight and I am eating healthy. Like you said, it's a lifestyle people!!! I lost friends too...but I look at it like this...it's their loss! :)

    ReplyDelete