Thursday, February 7, 2013

I suck at blogging... and my Lent challenge!

So, I really suck at this! I can't keep up with this blog on a regular basis. Maybe if I got a blog revamp and made it look all pretty and cute I would be more excited about it. :)

So, here's an update: I have struggled, over and over and over again. I struggle with eating, running, everything. Here is the schedule I am currently on:

Monday- Jillian workout (Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism or No More Trouble Zones), 2.0 mile run
Tuesday- Insanity, speed work on treadmill
Wednesday- TurboFire, rest day
Thursday- Jillian workout (Shed and Shred or Ripped in 30), 3.1 mile run
Friday- Insanity, rest day
Saturday- TurboFire (short workout), 3.1 mile run
Sunday- OFF DAY! :)

I have been counting calories religiously. I measure everything and try to eat healthy. I mess up sometimes, weekends are hard, I just went on a trip to New Orleans where I indulged. I like to have a drink on the weekend or drinkS, so sue me. All in all, I run in circles and I end up in the same spot. Today I weighed in at 166. No big change right? I am happy that I am not back to 175 like I was before. I am happy that my measurements show a change:

1/17/2012                                                               1/2/2013
Hips- 38                                                                  Hips- 37
Waist- 37                                                                Waist- 35
Thighs- 23                                                               Thighs- 21
Arm- 13                                                                  Arm- 12

Total inches lost: 6! Not a big number, but a change. I will take it. 

Weight loss is hard for me. Like everyone else- I love to eat. I struggle when I am out with friends. I want to have a beer sometimes. I come from a family that loves to cook and eat. It's hard. 

Some good things: recently I ran my first ever 3.1 miles without stopping. I love it! I love working out. I love running. 

So, this brings me to my Lent challenge. I must warn you- you very well might think I am crazy after you read this! 

I will not count calories during lent... goodbye Calorie Count app!
I will not weigh myself- that number does not define me!
I will not measure myself- screw you tape measure!
I will not wear my HRM and obsess over how many calories I am burning per minute! 

NO MORE NUMBER CRUNCHING! I am giving it up! I will eat healthy, I will run and workout, I will do all things in moderation. I am going to spend that 40something days loving myself and my body. I am healthy, I am alive, and no number is going to define me! I need the break. I am borderline   nevermind, I AM obsessed with these numbers and I think giving them up may be the hardest thing I have ever given up for Lent. Wish me luck! I may go crazy, but I think it will be worth it.

What am I adding in for Lent? I am adding in 10 k training. I think I can do it!

So, there you have it ladies..... an update! I will try to stay on track with this blog more and I will have a weight and measurement update before I take all my tools away. I will do that on Tuesday, Lent starts on Wednesday. Thanks for reading! I love reading blogs... sorry if mine sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment