Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Weekend recap.... long weekend :)

Good morning! I had a long 3 day weekend, thanks to all the Mr. Presidents out there. It was nice, but I have to say totally low key! I think I am getting OLD.... oh lord! Friday I got in my workout and had a friend over...we split a pizza... yes I ate 700 calories worth the pizza, but I had ate pretty healthy that day so I decided what the heck? I can't live without pizza forever, I just don't eat it very much.
I felt kinda like that! LOL! So, by 10:00 we were both falling asleep (we are both teachers, so by Friday we are usually VERY tired). Off to bed I went. Saturday, I worked out again and changed things up a bit and got in some weight work and core exercises. Then..... I ate a bunch of .....

Yep, I sure did! And it was delicous. The thing to keep in mind with crawfish is that the actual meat that you eat is not that bad for you. I have looked it up before and it was pretty reasonable in calories. I can't look it up now because I have banned myself from calorie count for Lent, remember? But I know it isn't bad. The SALT is what gets you and makes you feel like a bloated mess. Good thing I am not weighing myself right now either ;)

Sunday was my big day.... DRUM ROLL... I had my 3.5 mile run scheduled and I did it- it was GREAT! I felt great, I ran the whole time, I loved it! I really am getting into it! Me and running are BFFs. I was proud. I had originally planned to do another 3.5 this weekend on my journey to get to 6.2, BUT I think I am going to go ahead and go for 4.0. Why not? I know I CAN! After running (and a shower, of course) a friend and I went to get pedicures. It was so nice after a run and the lady told me I had a lot of tension in my feet. I told her I run and she said "Oh that's why". You got that right- I AM A RUNNER! Who woulda thunk it? We went out to dinner, but by the time I ate my salad and one crab cake (appetizer) I was full and ready to pack up my entree for the next day, which I did. I am making progress. I hope in the right direction since I can't measure and see- but I feel like I am.

Last night I watched the Biggest Loser- gotta love it! Instead of sitting on the coach I did some arm and leg work while watching. They inspire me! So, all in all, it was a great relaxing, healthy weekend. Cheers to a 4 day work week!

P.S. I did finish Jillian Michael's Slim for Life book this weekend and will be doing a review soon and maybe even a giveaway of her book. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment