Monday, February 25, 2013

Manic Monday! + a winner!!!!

It's just another Manic Monday around here... I have a lot going on in my blog today and I apologize for it being a looooong post!

Weekend recap: Friday was my off day from working out and I went to dinner with a friend and stocked up on some groceries. I got some good, healthy stuff and it's becoming easier for me to pick out those items. I actually enjoy grocery shopping now :) Here is one of my good finds:
10 for $10 Luna bars at Krogers
I love these bars and I haven't had one yet that I don't like. They are great snacks or dessert sometimes. LOVE!








 Saturday I headed to the Houston Rodeo Cook-off with some friends (after a workout, of course!) It was fun and I overindulged and had too many beverages and ate quite a bit. I later regretted that, which you will read about here in a minute. Anyways, I was fretting over what to wear to the rodeo and I decided to wear the shirt below, thanks to help from my MLFC friends. I always feel self-conscious, but I am working on it and trying to embrace my body and love myself. We ALL should do that MORE. We are beautiful, strong women.

 
 
That brings us to Sunday. I slept super late because I did not get home until after 1 am, which is late for me. I woke up. I felt a little like crap. Mostly dehydrated, but also mad at myself for the drinks and food. It's so NOT worth it anymore. The occasional splurge, sure we all do it. BUT it is getting to the point where I don't enjoy it as much and don't want to do it as often and that includes drinking. On to the important part of this day! Remember that 4 mile funky run??? NO MORE! I ran Sunday and I went for FIVE MILES!!!!
Yes, you read that right! FIVE FREAKIN MILES PEOPLE. The same girl who couldn't do 4 the other day did 5 freakin miles.
Here's how it went down:
I was feeling kinda blah, all thanks to the night before. After some convincing posts from my friends at MLFC, I got off my butt and went for it. I got on the treadmill and all I could think was "PLEASE let me be able to do 4". I started running and I actually felt good. I was sweating like a pig, but I felt good. I kept going... jamming to my fav music and when it got to mile 4 I wanted to keep going. I know! I couldn't believe it myself! BUT I did. I felt SO AMAZING! Runner's block is over! My goal for Lent was to be able to run 6.2 by Easter and I now have faith I will definitely get there. Here's my 5 mile pic and look at that sweat (thanks moisture wicking bra for keeping the girls kinda dry- haha)! YUCK but it's feels so good! I am sure it smelled a little like my choice beverage the night before. LOL! The point is: DO NOT GIVE UP! IF I CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT! KEEP GOING!



And the WINNER of my giveaway for Jillian's new book "Slim for Life" is......





smburke was number 10 in the comment section!!! :) I have emailed you. Get me your mailing address and I will ship the book over to you! Hope you enjoy it! :) More giveaways to come in the future. Also, if you signed up to follow me and you have a blog that I am not already following, let me know! I will gladly follow! I love reading about your journey!

To end- here is something that made me go WTF?! and laugh all at once... what is the world coming to????? LAWD DAY! (a little something us southern people say!)






No comments:

Post a Comment