Thursday, February 14, 2019

Our love story





I was that girl. The single girl. The 30something and single girl. The one everyone asked "when are you going to settle down? Get married?"........ it felt like I was single FOREVER. My friends were all getting married and having kids and there I was- STILL single. I had honestly started to lose hope that there was someone out there for me. I had settled into single life and accepted it. I traveled, spent time with family and friends, put time into fitness, and just tried to keep busy with things so I didn't think about being SINGLE. Society has a way of making you feel like you are on a timeline and you have to be married by a certain age. Well, I wasn't and my story still has a happy ending.

Image may contain: 2 people, including Melissa Senseney Anderson, people smilingI met Tyler when I was 31. I was starting another year of teaching in my hometown at the school I love. Everyone had joked with me for years that I needed to get out, explore, go places...because surely Prince Charming wasn't going to walk into Port Bolivar, TX and steal my heart. Boy, were they wrong. The circumstances that brought Tyler to this town are a little crazy, but something we truly believe had to happen in order for him to be brought here to me. Anyways, after the craziness of that situation died down, Tyler nervously asked me on a date. This was after many little match makers on our school campus helped boost his confidence to do so. I said yes- all the while thinking- he is too young for me (6 years younger) and oh, well- it'll be a free dinner if nothing else. LOL! I had no idea what was about to hit me.


We went on our first date in September of 2014. We both like football so we went to a local restaurant that had great outdoor seating and lots of TVs to watch the games. Casual. Prior to this, we had talked and text some, but that night we talked a lot about life and family and all things. I remember we both didn't want the night to end. Something happened. It was like it just "clicked" as cliche as that sounds. From that moment on, we went on many more dates and spent a lot of time together. We weren't traditional by any means. By Christmas 2014, we were engaged and married in March of 2015.
Image may contain: 1 person

Since then, we have bought a home in this little town we met in. We have acquired a spoiled Boston Terrier named Nola, a little boy who is 2 named Landry, and baby girl Lydia to complete our family who is on the way in April. We have made a pretty beautiful life. We work together at the school where he first asked me out. We are God lovers, sports watchers, travelers, fitness junkies, and most importantly spouses and parents. I can't imagine spending life with anyone else.
Image may contain: 3 people, including Melissa Senseney Anderson, people smiling, people standing, stripes and outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting, standing, child and outdoor
Image may contain: dog
So, for those of you who are single ladies and out there thinking it will never happen. Don't give up hope. I truly believe God has a plan. His timing is perfect. Trust in him with your whole heart. 

Happy Valentine's Day! May you all have LOVE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment