Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Casual questions to get to know me!

My hope for this blog is to develop a following, like I had before and connect with people that lead a similar life. I love sharing things about faith, marriage, mom life, traveling, fitness, etc. I figured it would be fun to do a series of blog posts with questions so that my readers can get to know me a little better! 
If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? No sleep? What?! I love my sleep...but if I didn't have to- I would read, workout, spend time with my family. Just more of the ordinary stuff.
What’s your favorite piece of clothing you own / owned? I try not to get attached to material things like that. I am all about that mom life-comfy t-shirts, jeans, flip flops or bobs....casual!
What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue? I absolutely love crafting, but just don't have much time for it anymore. Money isn't the issue, but finding time to paint or create something is hard working and taking care of littles.
What would your perfect room look like? Probably something that Chip & Joanna decorated- I love that style.
How often do you play sports? Never. Other than throwing a ball around with my 2 year old, I don't have the opportunity to play sports.
What fictional place would you most like to go? Can't think of one.
What job would you be terrible at? Anything that I would have to dress up in a suit and heels, stuffy office, in the city. UGH.
When was the last time you climbed a tree? Probably as a kid....LONG time ago!
If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for? mommin- is that an activity? that is the one I do most and I feel I am pretty dang good at it! 
What is the most annoying habit that other people have? Smoking... gross! 
What job do you think you’d be really good at? I love what I do in education. I think I would also be good at motivating other through coaching. I love that kind of thing!
What skill would you like to master? I wish I could speak Spanish fluently.
What would be the most amazing adventure to go on? I would love to rent an RV and just set out to see the US, no plan...just go where we want, stay as long as we want, check out all the places I have never been.
If you had unlimited funds to build a house that you would live in for the rest of your life, what would the finished house be like? I love the house we are in now. I would like to upgrade/fix some things in it. Again, I would probably hire Chip & Joanna and just let them go for it. The houses they work on always look so amazing! 
What’s your favorite drink? water! I drink a ton. Other than that, I enjoy an occasional glass of tea or Sparkling Ice.
What state or country do you never want to go back to? I would say Nevada...Vegas was not my fav. I didn't understand what all the hype was about.
What songs have you completely memorized? too many to name.... there are many songs that come on the radio that I know all the words to- rap to country.
What game or movie universe would you most like to live in? Again, I am really not into that kinda thing. I am perfectly happy right here in the real world. 
What do you consider to be your best find? My house! We looked and looked and looked....we wanted other houses, but in the end- it was the best fit for us and is honestly PERFECT for our family.
Are you usually early or late? Early!
What pets did you have while you were growing up? I had cats and dogs growing up. My brother had asthma, so after he was about 2 we didn't have animals anymore. I have my sweet Boston Terrier, Nola Rae, now. 
When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with? Work stuff..... what to do, when to do it, when is it due....
What takes up too much of your time? Paperwork at work.... at home- cleaning-laundry
What do you wish you knew more about? I wish I had some of my husband's memory for useless information like people, places, movies, etc. I never remember that kinda stuff!
What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? Is my family here or did I get frozen alone?
What are some small things that make your day better? My husband, my son, my dog... just having time to be with them...quiet relaxing time at home.
Who’s your go to band or artist when you can’t decide on something to listen to? I usually just put it on XM radio channel 63- The Message
What shows are you into? This is Us, Married at First Sight, Grey's Anatomy, True Detective, Ozark
What TV channel doesn’t exist but really should? Mom channel!
Who has impressed you most with what they’ve accomplished? I would say my parents. Both of them have worked really hard their whole lives. Neither went to college and have built a beautiful life with adventures, a nice home, and a family that never wanted or needed for anything.
What age do you wish you could permanently be? 30s are pretty good- I'd like to stay right here.
What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch? Parks and recreation- my husband loves it- I think it is SO DUMB! Anything too scary that involves lots of blood and guts, I'm out also!
What would be your ideal way to spend the weekend? Relaxing, maybe a beach trip, some good food, with family. Simple things in life.
What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? My Ever Skincare. It's not cheap, but I love it.
What’s your claim to fame? Famous in a small town! HAHA! I know everyone near about.
What’s something you like to do the old-fashioned way? Cook. I don't like culinary type meals. I like simple stuff. 
What’s your favorite genre of book or movie? Lately, it's been suspense. 
How often do you people watch? Anytime I get a chance. It is often some of the best entertainment. LOL! 
What have you only recently formed an opinion about? I would say I have recently decided that the world will never go back to the "good old days". Politically correct life is here to stay. Sad world we live in.
What’s the best single day on the calendar? Every day is a good day! 
What are you interested in that most people haven’t heard of? I can't think of anything really.
How do you relax after a hard day of work? Workout, cook dinner, couch time with the kid and hubby.
What was the best book or series that you’ve ever read? I don't really get into series much, but I did read the Fifty Shades books twice. No, not for the reason everyone thinks. The story behind the main character and his life of issues got me. 
What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home? Caribbean, Mexico, South America- all on vacation
What is the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen? watching my husband or family with Landry. He is so amazing and I love the love they all have.
What is the most annoying question that people ask you? I would say anything that they have already been told. 
What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? My job
If you were dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do? Make everyone exercise!
What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? Be spontaneous- go somewhere spur of the moment- travel!
Would you rather go hang gliding or whitewater rafting? Neither!
What’s your dream car? Again, I am not much into material things. I am happy with a normal SUV like I have.
What’s worth spending more on to get the best? Skincare and makeup (obviously!) Certain things in life- shoes, clothes, cookware, some foods, etc. You get what you pay for and some things you can't skimp on.
What is something that a ton of people are obsessed with but you just don’t get the point of? Celebrities- they are just people.
What are you most looking forward to in the next 10 years? Raising my kids. Going on vacations as a family and also alone with the husband.
Where is the most interesting place you’ve been? I loved Isla Mujeres- small little island in Mexico. Small town, but lots of cool stuff, very relaxing.
What’s something you’ve been meaning to try but just haven’t gotten around to it? Hmmmm, can't think of anything.
What’s the best thing that happened to you last week? I felt really good! This pregnancy has been a little rough, so any week I can workout, eat normally and feel energized is a good week!
What piece of entertainment do you wish you could erase from your mind so that you could experience for the first time again? Maybe riding rides... I used to get sick all the time from stuff like that, so in my mind- I never want to do it again. Maybe if I tried it now, it would be different.
If all jobs had the same pay and hours, what job would you like to have? I would love to coach full time or sell Ever full time.
What amazing thing did you do that no one was around to see? I do amazing things all the time. LOL! I would say we do a lot of donations that no one sees that we do. 
How different was your life one year ago? I was not pregnant. I was teaching in the classroom and not in admin. 
What’s the best way to start the day? NO alarm.
What quirks do you have? I am very routine. I plan out things a lot. 
What would you rate 10 / 10? Nothing is perfect!
What fad or trend do you hope comes back? I don't care about fads or trends honestly.
What’s the most interesting piece of art you’ve seen? I can't say anything sticks out in my mind.
What kind of art do you enjoy most? I like to go see a good play 
What do you hope never changes? Freedom
What city would you most like to live in? I am happy here, but I would be ok anywhere in Texas or Louisiana honestly.
What movie title best describes your life? I don't know! Silly question
Why did you decide to do the work you are doing now? It kinda fell into my lap. I am very blessed to have the job I have now.
What’s the best way a person can spend their time? Being productive in some way.
If you suddenly became a master at woodworking, what would you make? Right now- an addition to my bed so we can all co sleep more comfortably. 
Where is the most relaxing place you’ve ever been? Our first anniversary trip to a little cabin in the woods. No one around, quiet, didn't even leave the cabin to do anything. 
What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you? Lucky or blessed? Finding my hubby!
Where would you rather be from? Louisiana- I have always felt I should have been born there.
What are some things you’ve had to unlearn? I have had to learn to step back and let people do things the way they think they need to be done instead of constantly directing them
What are you looking forward to in the coming months? Rodeo date with hubby for anniversary, Lydia's arrival
What website do you visit most often? Blogger, Jane, First 5
What one thing do you really want but can’t afford? I can't think of anything right now. We don't spend lavishly, but for the most part we have the things we want in life.
Where do you usually go when you when you have time off? Travel, visit family
Where would you spend all your time if you could? Home :) 
What is special about the place you grew up? It's a small town, everyone knows everyone...everyone helps everyone. 
What age do you want to live to? As old as God will allow me with sound body and mind!
What are you most likely to become famous for? Blogging maybe? haha! maybe one day!
What are you absolutely determined to do? Be a good Christian mom and wife every single day or at least try.
What is the most impressive thing you know how to do? Organize. Thrifty spending.
What do you wish you knew more about? History- I wish I could remember facts about things that have happened in the past.
What question would you most like to know the answer to? Don't have one

No comments:

Post a Comment