Thursday, February 23, 2012

The big green monster!!!!

So, yesterday's jog was a success! I actually got to do it outside this time. It was great. The wind was a bit of a challenge going one direction, but I kept on and completed 2- 8 minute runs. I am happy with that :) This morning for breakfast I had the most amazing shake. I was turned onto this "green monster" by a blogger that I follow www.mamalaughlin.com . As I have said before, if you haven't read it... you should! She is funny, an inspiration, and has great ideas! Anyways here is what it is:
1/2 c frozen mango
1/2 c frozen banana
1/2 c frozen pineapple
a handful of baby spinach
1 c 1/2% milk
2 truvia packets

It might not sound that great and I thought "baby spinach, yuck!".. but it is delicous! I love it! I have had 2 this week for breakfast. It seems to be very filling, not high in calories (a little over 200) and it has servings of fruits and veggies in it! It's all about trying new things and making healthy choices! So, cheers to the "Green Monster"!

No comments:

Post a Comment