Ok, maybe not exactly BUT there was a roach in my house last night and it was on the door to my pantry and I about LOST IT! I am so scared of those things I could PUKE! It is a "OH MY GOD! WHAT DO I DO?", sweating, freaking out kinda thing! IT MAKES ME HAVE HEART PALPITATIONS just writing about it. Anyways, my plan of attack was as follows:
1. Get a can of Bengal and spray that sucka!
2. He ran, of course! I got my little electric (yes, electric) fly swatter and batted that thing a million times! He would not STOP MOVING! HEEEEEBBBBBBBIEEEE JEEEEEEEBBBBIIEES! Anyways, finally flushed him down the toilet. BYE BYE SUCKA! I slept with one eye open anyways!
So, I started thinking of what I am afraid of when it comes to weight loss:
1. I am scared people think I am ugly or fat.
2. I am scared to wear a bikini around people I am not comfortable with.
3. I am scared to run a 5k and suck at it.
4. I am scared to eat too much and see that scale start to creep up.
5. I am scared to get pregnant one day and not be able to get back to my normal size.
6. I am scared to go on vacations, because I will overindulge.
7. I am scared to join a gym or any kind of public exercise group in fear that people will look at me like I suck or I can't do it.
The list could go on. I am scared of a lot of things.
Losing weight is hard.
Getting out of your comfort zone is hard.
Realizing that you don't have to hide behind your clothes and you can actually wear something cute or a little revealing is hard.
Learning the balance between healthy living and enjoying life is hard.
It is hard. Lifestyle changes are hard. I wouldn't change it for the world. I have slowly learned to overcome my fears one at a time and I plan to continue to do that and reach my fitness goals. So, kick fear to the side ladies! It cannot control you or me. We can do it and we will. Just like I will be telling the next roach I see- "YOU WILL NOT SCARE ME! I WILL KILL YOU!"
Have a great weekend ladies and kick your fear in the butt!