Saturday, March 31, 2012

A great run... then SICKNESS :(

So, after struggling at the beginning of the week, ok almost all week with running, I was able to run 3 miles on the treadmill Thursday. I was so excited to finish. It was a great feeling. The best feeling :) I had an amazing Friday night with good friends. Then, I woke up this morning SICK. Allergies, cold, yuckiness, call it what you will, but I am sick. I am more annoyed with blowing my nose and all the aches and pains that come with this kind of sickness. I am even more upset that I can't piggyback that great run with another great run. I even googled exercise and being sick. According to what I read, resting releases the right amount of endorphines that help your immune system. Exercising releases too many endorphines that can weaken your immune system if you are already sick. BLAH! So, here I am stuck on the couch and hoping tomorrow I feel better so I can bust out some kind of run/workout. Fingers crossed! GO AWAY NASTY SICKNESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment