Friday, March 22, 2019

The fear of having baby #2

This week has been a little busier than I expected. As a mom, especially a working mom, you never really know what the week will bring. I haven't had the chance to blog too much this week, so some of my blog posts will have to wait until next week. Today I am going to talk a little about having baby #2 and the fears that come with having another baby.

Lots of people never talk about the fears that come with having a baby. Yes, it is a blessing. Babies are wonderful. But, there are some scary things that come along with that. 


To have another baby or not.....
I am not going to lie. We contemplated having a second child. Landry made us so happy, we weren't sure we wanted another child. I know deep down, I knew I wanted to have another, but it is something you have to really think about. Being responsible for another little person. What changes will that mean for your family. So many things to think about. In the end, we left it up to God. I had a little bit of a hard time getting pregnant with Landry, so we decided just to try and if it happened, it did. If it didn't, we would be perfectly happy with our amazing son. Well, first try I was pregnant, so I am guessing that was God's way of saying YES!


How life changes......
You get so used to your routine and life with one. As they grow older, things get easier. The thought of starting over with another seems intimidating. Waking up all night, breastfeeding again, being restricted to what you can eat and drink, pumping, the demands of a newborn, and so much more. Landry is in such a good place right now. He has independence. He can feed himself, play by himself, tell me what he wants and needs.... we are in a good spot. AND we are about to start over again. Sigh. It no longer seems so daunting of a task. As we get closer and closer to the due date and Lydia's arrival, the more excited I get thinking about having another little person to love. I remind myself that everything with a baby is just a season. It doesn't last forever. In fact, it goes by so fast!


The world we live in.....
I think all the time about this crazy world we live in. Bringing kids into the world today is no easy decision to make. I worry about things people believe in, say and do. I worry that my kids will be surrounded by things that we just don't believe in. There is no more of the "good ole day" mentality or there are very few people who believe in that. Who believe in God first. Who believe in what the bible says. Who raise their kids that way. Instead, we are surrounded by those who believe in political correctness, gender neutral, science or spiritual but not religious, and so much more. It's scary. I decided that while I can't shield my kids completely from that world, the best thing I can do is to help them learn about God, take them to church, teach them everything I can, and pray for the best. The world is not changing for the better, but I hope my kids can remain solid in their foundation and focus on the most important things, even amidst a crazy world! 

Here is another post about this---- it is obviously something many women struggle with. 
https://www.scarymommy.com/i-was-scared-to-have-a-second-child/

I know when Lydia gets here, my heart will explode. I will love watching her and Landry grow up together and all will be right in the world. I am not ashamed to share my fears though. Did you have fears having another child? How did you deal with it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment