Wednesday, March 20, 2019

All The Little Children book review and movie review of Green Book

Image result for all the little childrenOver Spring Break, thanks to my social media detox, I had plenty of time to read and watch movies. Amazing what can happen when you aren't glued to social media all day.

The book I read over the week was "All The Little Children" by Jo Furniss. Here is the summary from Good Reads. I use Good Reads often to find books that I might like to read. 


Struggling with working-mother guilt, Marlene Greene hopes a camping trip in the forest will provide quality time with her three young children—until they see fires in the distance, columns of smoke distorting the sweeping view. Overnight, all communication with the outside world is lost.

Knowing something terrible has happened, Marlene suspects that the isolation of the remote campsite is all that’s protecting her family. But the arrival of a lost boy reveals they are not alone in the woods, and as the unfolding disaster ravages the land, more youngsters seek refuge under her wing. The lives of her own children aren’t the only ones at stake.

When their sanctuary is threatened, Marlene faces the mother of all dilemmas: Should she save her own kids or try to save them all?


Ever since watching "The Walking Dead", I enjoy the post apocalyptic type book every now and then. This book was kinda on that wavelength. I won't spoil it for anyone who might want to read it. It was a quick read. There were parts of it that kept me reading. Overall, I would say it was a 3 out of 5. There were no zombies or anything like that. There were times when it really made you think like a mom and wonder what you do if you were in Marlene's shoes. The best part about it was that it was free with my Prime subscription. Do you have Prime? Do you read the free reads? I am actually already on to my next read- "Say You're Sorry" and that one is one I can't put down! Excited to finish it.


Now, on to the movie I watched. Green Book.
AMAZING. I loved this movie! If you have not had a chance to watch this, do it! It is based on the true story of Don Shirley, a classical and jazz pianist. It tells the story of the journey he took to play down south during the 60s and his relationship with his driver and bodyguard, Tony. It really evokes emotion about that time and what he had to go through. I truly enjoyed it and both actors in it- Mahershala Ali and Viggo Mortensen were amazing! I love Ali anyways from True Detective, but he really did a great job in this movie and Viggo- he was so funny and so raw. 


Have you seen any good movies lately? Read any good books?

No comments:

Post a Comment