Friday, March 8, 2019

Lent Day 2 & 3 and a little thinking aloud.....

Yesterday was busy and I didn't get to blog. I am sure Spring Break will be busy as well and I might not get to write as much. I am still on my social media detox and I am still reading my scripture every day. I really thought that being disconnected from social media was going to be a lot harder than it is. It really isn't! I have gotten so much done including finishing a book that I have been slow reading for a while. I will share below. I have spent more time with my son and husband at home, not distracted. It's been nice. 

Bible study for Day 2 and 3:
John 1: 19-34
John the Baptist begins baptizing people. He informs them that he is not the Prophet, but instead that Jesus is the chosen one. 

Isaiah 6:1-7
Isaiah talks about the rebellious nation and how they have turned away from God.

I also read First5.org every day and look forward to diving into that devotional. I find taking time for God every day keeps me focused on what is really important, I feel more balanced and happy! Do you read or study the bible daily? Give it a try! 



Here is the book I just finished. It was pretty interesting. It isn't something that I would normally pick for myself, but my mother-in-law suggested it and it was a good one. 
Image result for the end of normal

The book tells the story of the Madoff family. Bernie Madoff was involved in a massive ponzi scheme. It tells about the unraveling of his family's life due to his this scheme. The story is told from the point of view of Stephanie (his son's wife). It is a crazy story, but sad at the same time. It was a totally different feel reading it and knowing it was written about real people vs the fiction characters I normally read about. 


It's the last day of work today before Spring Break- huge perk working for a school district. Over the next week, we will be working on baby girl's room, going to the Rodeo to see Kings of Leon, and spending time with family. I am excited to be off and soak up some time with Landry before his sister comes and we become a family of 5 (including Nola) :) 


Happy Friday all! 



No comments:

Post a Comment