Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Lent challenge- what I am adding and what I am taking away!

Image result for lent





So, it's that time of year again. LENT. It's a time to reflect on the great sacrifice that was made for us all. It's a time to praise and worship. It's a time to think about something we can sacrifice for 40 days. Jesus sacrificed so much for us, we can surely do something for him. 

First of all, every year I try to add something in. This year I am adding in this 40 day challenge:
Lent/Holy Week Bible Reading Plan, Bible Reading Challenge, Easter Bible Reading Plan, Christian Women, Bible Study, Christian Women Devotionals,


I have been thinking long and hard about what I want to give up this year. 


I am giving up social media. Yep. You read that right. I am putting away Facebook and Instagram for 40 days. Why? I feel like social media can be great in many ways: it helps us stay connected with those we love, but don't get to see often. It can be a way of networking with people for business purposes. It can be fun and entertaining as well. But there are also some bad sides to it. People get addicted to it. People compare themselves with others- "comparison is the thief of joy". I saw this quote recently and I thought it is very true.
Or they feel inadequate leading to low self esteem because people feel they must show a 'perfect' life

Everyone flocks to social media to see what is going on in other people's lives, whether you know them or not, whether you talk to them in person or not. Sometimes that seems kinda silly to me. I just need a break. I spend too much time on social media. I admit it. So... my social media is:

We’re logging off 🙋🏼‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️Us witches are doing a a mini social media cleanse for a few days 🌈 It’s time for more living and less…
Starts tomorrow!

What will I do with all that time? I plan to continue to blog. I love blogging and writing, so I want to keep this up. I will spend more time with my family. I might cook a little more, workout more, read more, go outside more, do some crafts, who knows? I just know that I need this. I am actually excited about it. 

So, please continue to check in with my blog. 

If you would like to connect with me, my email is msenseney05@aol.com

I am always available to answer questions about that. 

I'll be back around Easter. Lydia is due around that time, so I can't wait to introduce her to you all. 

What are you adding or giving up for Lent? 



No comments:

Post a Comment