Sunday, December 1, 2013

Update!

I don't get to blog as much as I used to... It's not that I don't think about it.. it's finding time!

I have been busy with work this year and also opening my own business with a friend! If you haven't checked it out, make sure you do- www.facebook.com/southernstateofmindboutique

So, on the fitness front:

I have still been fluctuating between 165-170. I know the reason is that I splurge on weekends and I know that needs to come to an end. It's hard with the holidays, but soon it will have to happen.

I am currently rotating lots of different workouts and running. I try and do some type of cardio every day, whether it be the treadmill or bike and then I add in Insanity, TurboFire, a crossfit workout stolen from Pinterest, Bob Harper's Kettlebell workouts, etc. I change it up often. I also like to follow Melissa at www.benderfitness.com Maybe it's that we share the same name, but mostly it's because she kicks ass and has some GREAT workouts! I am going to do her most recent burpee workout today and run. http://www.benderfitness.com/2013/11/burpee-burn-weekend-workout-challenge.html

For me, it is all about changing it up a LOT so I don't stay bored. I also bought a new barbell this Friday (my best Black Friday purchase, in my opinion!) and I am starting to use it to start lifting more and try and take my fitness to the next level. I am learning not to care what the scale says, but to focus on how my body looks and I know that the weights are going to get me where I need to be. I will, however, try to do better with my diet. My fridge is stocked and ready to go. I vow not to let the holidays give me 10 lbs. Even if I maintain, it will be better than before. So, my advice- change it up-- do workouts that you LOVE to do... feel the burn... don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone! You will be shocked what you can do and the changes you will see! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment