Sunday, September 29, 2013

I never have time anymore....

I never have time to blog anymore. Well, rarely. Work is crazy....been staying on top of my workouts...eating is sometimes a struggle... and it's FOOTBALL season. My absolute favorite time of the year, next to summers off. :)

I have still been rotating running days and weight/workout DVDs. Yesterday, I busted out 3.3 miles on the treadmill, did an ab workout and arms all before the LSU game at 2:30! It felt great. This morning, I wanted to try something different. I saw this workout in the October issue of Fitness magazine. It's a circuit workout with everything from running to burpees, weights and lunges... it was great. I went through it 3 times and I burned 595 calories! Score!
 
 
 
The key to success for me is to not let myself get bored with workouts and feel blah! I have to change it up and make things different constantly to keep myself going. This is a workout I will add into my rotation and do again though! The burn felt good and I was sweating my ass off! 
 
I also tried a new dish. I found this recipe on pinterest and I kinda changed it up in my own way.
 
I bought one of those sweet potatoes from Kroger that you can cook in the plastic and are fast. I cooked it in the microwave for about 5 minutes, took it out and peeled the skin and cut it into small pieces.  
I put it in a pot with a can of Simple Truth Tri Blend beans, a little Tony's, and some sun dried tomatoes. Let that all cook for about 10 minutes. I put it on a carb balance tortilla. It was delicious. A healthy version of a bean burrito with protein and a little spice. YUM! All for under 200 calories for sure.
 
Have a great week ladies :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment