Thursday, September 5, 2013

Just keep going....

I can't tell you how many times I just want to quit. My mom and I joke all the time while working out (I work out at her house/my gym because she has a treadmill, bike, weight bench and all that.) So, as we are sweating it out together, we turn to each other and say "maybe we should just quit! be fat and eat EVERYTHING we want". That comes out of our mouth quite often, but we DON'T quit. We know why we keep going.
 
We want to be healthy. Diabetes and heart disease run in our family. Both of my mom's parents died at a young age. She doesn't want to repeat that and neither do I.
We want to look good, who doesnt?
We know it is the best way to live life. It makes us feel better physically and mentally. Sweat is our drug.
 
So, I did a pretty good job last year of losing some weight and maintaining. This summer after vacation, I feel off the "I care" train. I hopped back on about a month or so ago and really have been trying. The scale hasn't been budging much, but I am not going to stop. I know it will move. I know I am going to get there and this time I am more motivated than I have ever been. I AM going to get where I want to be, come hell or high water. So, when you feel like giving up- DON'T... when you think you have gone back too far, you HAVEN'T... when you are tired, DO IT ANYWAYS... we will get there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment