Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Just bloggin.....update

So, I still have a couple blog topics that I want to cover in regards to babies, BUT I keep forgetting to take pictures of Lydia's nursery so that one will have to be put on hold. I also want to do one on fav baby items, but I figure I will combine the two so.... to be continued on that. 

I am just going to do an update on life in general today:

Update on my Lent challenge: I have not been on Facebook or Instagram since March 6. I can't describe the feeling it brings. Less drama, less worry, less care.... more time for other important things. I have read so many books, spent more time with my son and family, been happier overall. I have a new outlook on things. While I will not give it up permanently, I do know that my time spent on social media will be MUCH LESS when I do return. Life is so much more important than the social world out there. I truly needed the break and the detox and I am beyond glad I took it.

I have also been reading my Bible passages daily and still keeping up with my First 5 readings as well. I love taking time to reflect on His word and feel good about how close it makes me feel to Him.


Family update:
I am almost 38 weeks pregnant with baby girl, Lydia Jo. Things are going well. I don't feel any closer to labor than I did last time. With my son, my water broke in the middle of the night and that was it. Off to the hospital and 23 hours later, he was here. He came at 39 weeks. I hear so many different things from people about how their second labor was different from the first. It's hard to tell what this baby will do, but I am find waiting and letting her come when she is ready. 

Landry can tell something is going on. We talk about the baby and while I think he somewhat understands, I don't think he gets the whole idea. I don't know that he will until she is here. I do know he is attached to us like no other right now and going through a bit of a 2 year old phase where he thinks he is the boss. He is just pressing the limits and learning how to be a little person and we are trying to be patient and stern at the same time. Toddler life is tough!

Work update: I am still working and will be until this baby pops out! I am very fortunate to have a job I absolutely LOVE and has been much easier on me this pregnancy. 

Business update: Ever has been great lately. They have been having a lot of great monthly specials and just set up another one. Business has been good! The new foundation they put out is AMAZING and my fav! As always, if you'd like to check it out: www.everskin.com/with/melissaanderson
Feel free to email or message me for more info, coupons, etc.
msenseney05@aol.com

Hair: I cut my hair over the weekend! I LOVE IT! Right before I had Landry, I cut my hair off and it was so easy to manage with a baby, because you know you don't have time for yourself much the first few weeks. 



Have a fabulous Tuesday folks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment