Wednesday, May 22, 2019

The scale sucks

Today I am going to talk about something everyone tends to hate- the scale! So many people out so much emphasis on the scale when on a journey to lose weight and get fit. 
I mean seriously- who hasn’t done that? Weighed without clothes on? Took your shoes off and tried again? Lol! We all are guilty. It’s sad that we let such a meaningless number affect our outlook and how we feel about ourselves. There is no perfect number or weight. I hate BMI charts and I think they are seriously flawed. I can’t tell you how long I have been in the overweight category, even at my leanest. Everyone’s body composition is different. Don’t let those things get you down and discourage you from reaching your goals 

Here’s a visual to keep in mind:


Fat and muscle definitely look different! I suggest instead of focusing solely on the number on the scale that you: 1. Take measurements of arms, legs, hips, waist, and bust. You can compare those and see a true difference even if the scale isn’t moving. 2. Take pictures and compare. 3. Pay attention to how your clothes are fitting. 

All of these things are sure to give you a much better idea of progress than the stupid scale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment