Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Things aren't going to happen overnight...

 
Mama L posted something on IG about trusting the process. I wish I could fist bump her and say TRUE DAT! LOL! It's the truth. I think when we all start something, we think we are going to eat one good meal and exercise for 2 days and be where we want to be. It doesn't happen like that. It takes hard work, dedication, sweat, and sometimes tears. It's not always fun and it sure isn't easy. It's hard! It will make you tired. It will take time from other things you might like to do. You might sleep less. You have to prepare more. You may feel like you spend your life in workout clothes. You have to learn to say no to that cake or drink. Your friends and family will either support you or criticize you. The journey is a crazy one. I have written so many posts trying to motivate myself and you, of course! This time it is different. This time it has "clicked" for me. I have been at this process for a little over a month. I have lost inches ( I know over 8", but I haven't measured lately so I will do that again Friday), lost 7 lbs (3 more and I get my leopard Nikes-talk about motivation). It is about so much more than that though! It is about how you feel. It is about loving yourself. It's about knowing you deserve more. It is about sticking to something you said you would. It is about being stronger. It is about fueling your body. It is about being proud.
 
Last night I was doing my regular training (per my coach Wendy's instructions) and for some reason my eye lingered on the treadmill a lot longer. I missed running. For those of you who don't know- I used to be a regular runner. I ran at least 3-4 times a week. I did C25K. I trained and ran 6 miles. I worked hard. It took me a long time (like a year) to get my "stride". I haven't run in over a month. It's not part of my plan. I could do it for morning cardio, but my treadmill is not at my house, it's at my parents so that isn't happening. 5 am is early and I am not going over there for that, sorry. So, it's been a while. I thought I had surely lost everything I had built up. No way I was going to be able to run. Guess what? I was WRONG! I got on that treadmill and something happened. I felt good! I felt strong! I felt relieved, happy, and motivated. I ran for 30 minutes without a struggle. It was amazing and not just physically. Emotionally, I feel like every sad moment, struggle, upset and worry over the past month came out. I knew why I was doing this. All the hard work was worth it. It was my epiphany. It's only the beginning of the journey, but this time I will not give up. I CAN DO THIS.  I will do it! You can too! :)
This was my feeling:

No comments:

Post a Comment